(Hat tip: Dean aka The Dude of Orkut)
Update (7/9): Corrected original authorship of script hack.
Here is a useful tool originally developed by Rodrigo (and partially translated into English by Sharath) that gives users the option of removing testimonials, messages, topics and even friends en mass.
Here is a brief explanation over at Technowise.
(Technowise) Now deleting anything from orkut is a lot more easier with the Mass Delete Tool!
This tool is for mass deleting messages, topics, events, friends and testimonials. It will be very useful for all orkut users, especially the community owners and moderators. The orkut interface only provides multiple selection and deletion of scraps, and this tool provides options for everything else!
In order to use this hack, users will need to install Firefox as well as GreaseMonkey, and for the visually stimulated (that includes me) here are some quick screen shots on how useful this hack may be for some users.
- After installing GreaseMonkey, search for the OMDT link.
- Clicking on it will open a new mini window which allows you to adjust how fast you want the deleted friends, testimonials, etc. to take place.
- Next, select Yes to turn on the script (other wise it will not work).
- The options below simply ask if you want to be alerted on your homepage. Simply click yes on both items.
- After you are done, click OK. A pop up should appear asking you to verify whether you want to turn this on or not. Simply hit Ok again to let the fun begin.
- Next, select the friends that you want to remove. If you want to remove all of them, you can always hit the all link as shown below.
- Next, hit the Delete Selected link to remove your various friends. Just in case you change your mind there is an Interruption link (not shown here) which you can always click on to halt the process.
- Last but not least, a pop up window should appear, letting you know not only how many friends were deleted, but how long the process took.
This is a really helpful tool (at least for me) and probably is something Google should consider adding as a feature in the Friend Section. Users can download this GreaseMonkey hack over here, and this tool will definitely go underneath Orkut User Tools.
If anyone has any questions regarding this hack, please visit
Update (7/9): Thanks to Mr. Nobody and Sharath for confirming Rodrigo as the original author. Props to both of you guys!