Ye, although you might want to make sure and wait for another member to confirm it as I am not very confident. Better yet, why don't you email the Godaddy guys because they can answer your Godaddy question better...
The problem with appraisals is the value to the end buyer.
A name is always going to be worth more to someone who "really" wants it..
I would go back higher as they would be silly not to try and offer low imo.
Let us know..
Tell them thnak you for the offer but htat you have turned down higher offers in the pastTell them you know the value of the name and currently have it slated for devlopment By a high end Web Design firm. Tell them this is not your only name slated for development so you would consider a sale for $5,000. Gives them room to come back at say $3000 and you could sell there if you like the price. IMO..
I got a little greedy.
And asked $10000 for it..
Now I just wait and see...
The Who Dares Wins approach !!! - hope you get lucky, I would remove details of who they are in your post above as this will get picked up quite quicky in search engines as far as I know (only my opinion, but something to consider perhaps)..
Good Luck and I hope you get a good sale from it..
Lol jump in there with the 10 grand.. If they reply then my hat is off to you...
Tanks for tip gazzip.
Im feeling lucky today, finished 8 in poker tournament at poker.com..
Good Luck, Let us know how you get on..
10000, yes that should kill it off, sayonara sale......
If this didnt work, this sould be nominated to how to not make a negotiation, or something like that..
10k is a hardcore response to a 500 offer. I would probably counter with $3500..
The idea that every offer requires a multiple * n is very silly. The question you should ask yourself is how much did you think it was worth before the offer. If that figure is below $500 then accept the offer. I re-iterate the shadow mission statement of Namepros "A fool and his name are never parted"...
Just got a response.
"a little too expensive for me"..
Then reply, I am open to offers and I will consider it...
Reply , and tell them your are open to counteroffers. Maybe they will reply with a low $x,xxx offer. Worth a try. Let this be a lesson!!! Don't get greedy!!! Ha! Just kidding, it's your domain. YOu will probably get more offers in the future anyway..
Good luck! I hope your luck is better than mine in similar situation (but way less $)..
If they said "a little" too expensive, then maybe you can still pull it off..
However, you did mention that the first go-round "they" identified themselves as a company ("it"), but now switching to the reflexive singular... Just noticing..
In any event, if they really are a movie co., they'll have more allocated for the website than $500. Hell, a lot more if they offered that as the opening..
My gut would have countered $25,000 and let them work at me from there (And identifying who they are in the opening of the negotiations is bad form)..
I've found googling the email adress that the person I was dealing with was ceo of movie marketing company, and also checking the email site..
He never identified as being part of a movie marketing company, I did a resarch and found that..
I was planning on asking the 25000, but at last minute I reconsider it..
The "a little too expensive for me" give me some hopes..
I waiting for his counteroffer now...