The answer is Yes, but... you might want to make sure and wait for another commenter to confirm my answer as I am on the fence. Better yet, why don't you ask the Godaddy guys because they can answer your Godaddy question better...
Escrow.com - safe and secure, always use them - should suit both parties..
I think you can get much higher than 500$ since it's a branded company name..
At least 1k$ imo...
Ikobo.com and moneybookers.com are two reliable payment services that are more "international-friendly" than PayPal. I've used them both and it's easy to get money from either. (Provided you have a bank account)..
I think he's being fair AND he's making money from a free domain..
It's a win/win situation..
The company get their HostGator name back, sure it's going to cost them, but the price isn't extortion. And our man Twist gets a reputation for being a rainmaker..
Asking $1k is a big risk, you don't really know how big this company is... $500 for something you spent $5 on is good enough... Congratulations...
I dont think so...
Paypal is in the EU the most used payment system for net transactions..
Paypal got subsidiaries in all EU countrys..
It is more a general question of the ease paypal payments can be revoked or not. Therefore most use the bank transfer as a more secure payment system...
Not many Belgians here?.
Nederlandstalige Kano Vereniging means something like Dutch-spoken Canoo Club, so why keep calling it a company? This is actually a non-profit organisation..
Note to all: before giving advice, make sure you know something about the legal situation in Belgium regarding domains...
Very interesting story..
Be careful, don't lose money during the transaction...
Ugh...painful ongoing fight for domains rights between me and him:.
What should I do? This guy is starting to get on my nerves a little..
As far as I could tell, the HostGator did NOT belong to them before, or at least, not the organization. I mean - take a look at archive.org - does that look like it was directly owned by the NKV organization? The GoDaddy site doesn't even have the same organization name!..
He wouldn't still be talking to you if he didn't need the domain..
That was just a ploy in order to get you to drop your price..
I would just not reply, and await another email telling you about payment. He must need the HostGator desperately or he still wouldn't be talking to you.....
Well, I emailed him earlier to see if he was still interested (after sending him a couple emails 2 days ago with no reply), and that was the reply I recieved.....
I think he is just trying to play a waiting game with you. Hoping you will drop the price. Just be patient you will hear from him again. He obviously wants the name so just wait a while, make him contact you again...
Sent you a PM, didn't want to publicly post my opinion. Good Luck...
Agh...what now? Take the $200 and run or hold out? It seems like if I try to press for more, I won't get a sale at all.....
Create some junk with the words NKV. also put lots of ads and popups/unders. if the GoDaddy site has some traffic, you can use it rite.
Also that mite speed up things, either way..
Yeah develop it a little, get some ads on it and let him without reply during 1 week ; he wants the name, if not he wouldnt continue, you just have to play his game, but you have to be strong , not easy.
Good luck !.
Edit: even better but maybe too strong: find a direct competitor to this company and do advertisment for them on that domain..
Wow twist that's some interesting stuff. I cannot wait until the story unfolds but if I were you I would ask for a bit more. At least 300 anyway. Good luck man!..
I say stick with the 500 that was originally proposed. I think the 200 is just a ploy to lower it...
What a headache..
It's obvious he's just trying to see how low you'll go. If they had any "rights" to the name they would be threatening you instead of trying to negotiate..
Stick with the $500. Who wants N-K-V.be?.
They'll come around..
I had a friend once, who offered a guy $8000 cash in hand for a used car. The dealer looked at him like he was crazy and said "No way". My friend started walking back to his car to leave and the dealer said, "Hey come back here, we can talk about this." My friend went back and said, "I've already offered you $8000 and you said "No". Now I'm only offering $7000. The dealer said, "I can't do that!". My friend said, "Now it's $6000"..
He ended up getting the car for $6000..
Maybe you should do the same thing in reverse. Tell the guy that your time is valuable and you don't have time for all of this negotiation. Offer the name to him again for $500. If he again says no. Start jacking it up $50 every day he assles around with you. If they really want it, they'll buy it before it goes sky high..
If they don't want it for that, then develop it like others have said...
Yer! stick with it, it has taken me a long time to read this entire thread... lol... stick with the $500, and it you want put it up $10 a day, then the next day an extra $20, then an extra $30, it'll soon rise and pressure them!.
I've also noticed they have not registered n-k-v.be, I am tempted to register it myself, but I dont want the hassle....
Keep it at $500 or increase it, go no less, only higher.
I also like how you've put the tick... tick... tick... on the website, if thats you?.
How long has the HostGator been registered? dont forget the .be's need to be paid for after a year... so they could just be stalling you until then... although if you registered it then using money... well... incease the price by 10 fold lol!.
Hope this helps, I will register to recieve email on this... it is very interesting!..
Registered: Thu Nov 17 2005.
Not shown, please visit.
For webbased whois..
Agent Technical Contacts:.
Last Name: Hostmasters.
Company Name: Nucleus bvba.
Street: Noorderlaan 133/8.
Location: 2030 Antwerpen.
Yes, they did registered the HostGator today..
I forgot to say that I also agree with the others about the price...if they want the HostGator they should pay it...
I don't really want to hassle with developing it, as I really just want to get rid of it. I think I'll email him back with something like "The best I can do is $400, and you will still need to pay the GoDaddy fees.".
I don't know...I don't want to lose the sale, because I have nothing to do with that HostGator (it's virtually useless to me), but I don't want to drop my price so low.....
Nkv.be just became a traffic domain!.
Put up a simple GoDaddy site with adsence and affiliate ads, he will be back in contact with you soon...
I've given in (yeah, I know, bad on me) for a price of $225. This HostGator cost me nothing ($0 reg, $0 time, etc) and he is giving me more stress than I really need right now. Besides, money is money, and getting $225 for nothing is great, in my opinion sure it's not $500, but I honestly didn't expect to get that in the end anyway. I'm just waiting for him to say the price is fine (it better be), and I will then start the escrow service with Sedo..
OK now you can start yelling at me for giving in...
I'm dissapointed. Sorry twist but if I were you I wouldn't have given in so easily. I would have at least bargained a bit. In the end he does have the upper hand because other than this you have no means of selling it. But it's worth alot to him so use that to your advantage..
Nice find though and congrats!..
Well, it's your money ... I would wait. You could ve obtained easily smth between 200 and 500. But it's your money.
Good deal anyway..
Now I am going to YELL AT YOU..
It is like watching a TV poker game where you can see all the hands, it's down to the last 2 players and the clear winner folds......
I am not dissapointed with TWIST as he followed basically my initial suggestion, and it turned out quite well as it seems..
Allthough IMO <400 is not really best practice.
In the end it seems to turn out well for both parties and both have a lesson learned.
Keep in mind that we are talking about a .be HostGator and not a 3 letter.net..
PENDING SALE tw***load.be by me.
! $350 on sedo! hahaha.
! .bes rule!..
Hey Twist, I'll give you $230 for it right now through PayPal for it...
No joke, serious offer. Lets see if this really plays out. Might be fun, and much cheaper than a night out with the girls I date...
You gained $225 for nothing. That's good enough! I really don't think he would of paid $500 because that's a big range. I know almost the exact same thing happened to me but I had to pay $250. I think you did a good job!.
Good luck with your $225 lol..
Twist, you are learning. But there's no sense in trying to buy, if you already accepted their offer. $300 was not my offer tonight, good luck with the foreigners. Think I'll go buy some new names now, Mooooo Hooooo Hooooo Ha Ha Ha..