That's a good question. I'm not sure what is the right answer to your question. I'll do some investigation and get back to you if I find an good answer. You should email the people at Godaddy as they probably could assist you..
I think it's agreed $300 is too little, but on the subject of advertising it's not getting THAT many hits, Only in the region of 500 a month with a pretty poor click rate..
Should I counteract with $1k and see what happens? Higher, Lower?.
Thanks for all your replies,.
I'd goo 1200 ( a nice number).
If you get a no, their loss, I would develop it myself...
Quote a price to include escrow to save an extra round of haggling using the 1200 figure as your benchmark...
Ive countered with a Mid $1k figure and we'll see what happens, will take a few days though as it's easter and I expect GoDaddy are going to be slow..
Shall keep you all informed.
Best of luck, it's a damn good name I wish I had thought to register it when it was first coming out...
Keep it with you and wait for good offer... sell atleast t0 1.5 K..
Mass advertised = good bleed traffic, and $20 a month in parking doesn't mean you couldn't do better somewhere else...
Flubber, I noticed a pair of matching names (singular/plural) in SEDO's sold section today..
They seem to fit the description you gave. Is that them?..
Countered with $1.5k a few days back, with a comment trying to put my selling point across..
Just got an email from sedo, The guy/gal is offering $450 - saying they are limited on funds. I think it's a ploy to get the price down..
Thinking of re-countering with a $1250'ish offer, any advise as to the figure and comment I am to enter?.
Thanks a bunch.
1,250 is fair for the name in question , my advice is do not border the 1,000 mark whatsoever. The name will only get bigger..
Only counter $1250 if you are willing to sell for $900!.
Otherwise, it won't make much of a difference..
Best of luck!..
Ive countered with $1,200, mentioning the $1000 mark - Hope I dont scare him/her off.
Thanks for your help once again, Shall keep you all updated..
What am I, invisible?.
Anyway, the 'thermostat' domain(s) that sold were obviously not yours..
Good luck with your negotiations!..
Heh, Sorry I missed out your post -db- ; But no, the thermostat domains wern't mine..
Sedo has 'moderated'/allowed my comments pretty quickly, just waiting it out now. The guy/gal took 3 days last time, but at least I'm a patient guy....
Update: I thought the negotiations had broken down, as after 7 days of my last counter offer I received no reply (At this point I was thinking the buyer was just a time waster).
But I made my last counter offer, and I received an email this morning saying it was accepted. Now is just the wait for Sedos Escrow system..
The offer ive accepted (Well the offer I suggested that was accepted) was not in the Thousands, and i'll release the actual figure when the sales done and dusted, but the traffic tailed off slightly towards the end of the month (April) but I needed the cash injection for a new project..
Regardless of the fact that I could of kept it for a year or so and reaped the same profits, I'm happy - For what was a $8 reg back in December..
Thanks for all your help.
Concluded today after nearly 2 months of initial negotiations - Wasnt really Sedos fault because the guy payed via check, Though sedos contact with me was pretty lackluster during parts; apparently due to the agent dealing with my case being on vacation or something..
The HostGator was ClimateChallenge.Com; sold it for $600 - $540 after commision but I'm happy - Traffic really had started to tail off the past few weeks..
Thanks once again for all your help..
20 euros a month...12 months= +$300 or close to? (dont know the conversion rate, I do know euros is more than $$$).
Either way, I say you should keep the domain. Just sit on it...its still gonna make you money, is $300 now or in 12 months really gonna make a difference? the answer is YES, if you keep the domain...in 12 months you'll have the $300 AND the domain...
Well, I was thinking of replying with a figure of around $1k and seeing what happens, but you are right about sitting on it, seems like a good idea..
However, $$$ would help me in a few ventures that I'm planning - And I'm sure I can get more than $400 at least for it. (If I negotiate well).
Im just hoping that if I do sit on it, I dont get a C&D and then rue my chance to sell it..
No no no no nooooo..
I know what HostGator it is and have seen the MASS advertising going on on the tele, radio newspapers the lot..
This HostGator is worth 3 times the offer you got in my opinion..
Just give it a little time and develop it, well I would with the amount of traffic it should be getting...
If it's making 20 Euros a month I wouldn't sell for $300 USD..