Good question... I dunno what is the answer to your question. I'll do some poking around and get back to you if I discover an decent answer. You should email the people at iContact as they probably could assist you..
Yes, there is a php editor called Bluementals Rapid PHP Editor 2007. Its an awesome software...
You can't display the output of a php file without a server environment and I doubt that the editor you mention provides that..
True. I'm havin page that won't display the output of a php file. But it displays the htm file though. And can work on it. Weird..
What do I need to do?.
So far i'm workin on index.php file with this php editor but it came out :.
Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Documents and Settings\Neuron\Local Settings\Temp\prev8~.php on line 13.
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Documents and Settings\Neuron\Local Settings\Temp\prev8~.php on line 13.
Can't even find the 'Local Settings' folder..
Anybody can help?..
Some IDE's (Integrated Development Environments) do indeed include the server (or a mini-server) designed for the language(s) that they are... integrated with..
The apparent problem is the usual. The configure files have not been edited to supply the necessary definitions. Please see the link in my signature...
Read the error messages. A php interpreter is running. Your configure files need to be edited..
Rapid PHP Editor screenshot.
Key Features and Benefits.
* Speed - loads very quickly.
* Sophisticated, fully customizable and familiar text editor.
* UTF-8 Unicode Support More info.
* Easily navigate your code with Code Explorer More info.
* Lookup PHP function parameters with Function Hints More info.
* Lookup functions, variables and properties with Auto Complete More info.
* Debug PHP code with xDebug debugger More info.
* Validate PHP code with Syntax Check More info.
*** * Built-in web server for easy PHP preview ***.
* Integration with PHP, HTML and CSS documentation.
* Save and open files directly from FTP More info.
* Project management and FTP publishing.
* SQL database connectivity (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird, Interbase) More info.
* Matching bracket highlighting.
* Search and Replace with Regular Expression Support.
* Search and Replace in files.
* Spell Checker for text in HTML code and TXT files.
* Multi Item Clipboard.
* Code snippet library More info.
* Ready to use Code Templates.
* Advanced HTML editing with Auto Complete, Inspector and other tools.
* Advanced CSS editing with built-in CSS editor More info.
* Countless goodies (code collapse, line highlighting, text indentation etc.)..
Yes, I have downloaded Rapid PHP Editor, and preview the .html file smoothly but havin trouble with .php file...
Just out of curiosity, you have edited the permissions of the config files to world readable, haven't you?..
Yes, I changed it to mode 0777. Is it right or wrong?..
This is the permissions setting only during setup..
Once the files have been edited, the permissions should be set to 644..
I am not familiar with this IDE, as a matter of fact, I am not familiar with any software or server environment running on Microsoft platforms (not since Win2000Server). I suggest that you peruse any forums or help related to your development environment. Having used IDE's going back to MASM and Assembly, I know that they can be a bear to set up correctly and learn to use, but can make development easier and more efficient...
Ok, I think I need to start from all over again to set up the installation right and make it work out. Thank you so much for your help...
Hey guys, is there any PHP editors that do it visually for the people like me who can't code well.
I've tried dreamweaver, but it doesn't bring up anything in the design window, only the code, which doesn't help me at all,..
No. You may want to install wamp, xampp, or some other so that you can create a devopment server on your pc. Then install osc there, edit in a text editor, and see the results straight away...