That's a good question. I'm not sure what is the answer. I'll do some investigation and get back to you if I discover an useful answer. You should email the people at Medifast as they probably can help you..
What a bummer! I am surprised that your doctor didn't do an ultrasound or something to check for the adhesions, if you had had previous surgeries. Praying for successful surgeryin the future...
I am so sorry to hear your news. I.
That down the line you will be able to get the sleeve, that was my first choice but the doctor and I decided on GB. Please don't get discouraged this happened for a reason. Hang in there and keep your head up...
I'm sorry you had to go through all of that :(.
The healing is speedy and you will be able to do one of the safer options soon..
OMGosh, that's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. And not to be a jerk but, give yourself time to heal. They still cut your intestines and right now you need to be kind/gentle with yourself..
Better to not have the.
Then to live your life with complications of the sugery, trust me : ).
And in the interium, you can appeal your insurance company since the GBS is no longer an option and most likely you will win with enough documentation from your Dr. Get in touch with your Dr and get it all in.
Now while it's fresh in h/her mind that way you can start to move forward once you're feeling better..
Again, speedy recovery and hang in there..
Sorry for this. I am sending well wishes your way...God Bless. I am hoping your insurance will work with you in the future. Keep us informed...
Oh no that is heart breaking. I feel your frustration. I am not sure if this helps,but I believe things happen for a reason. We don't always understand. Maybe with you having the adhesions the gbp would not have been good for you. None the less it still sucks when you want something so bad.
Oh Rhonda I am truly sorry to hear the news. You know your insurance company may pay for the sleeve now since the GBS is not an option for you, especially if your Doc thinks that the lap-band is not the right option for you either. I.
You have a speedy recovery and things go well for approval. You are in my thoughts and prayers..
That's terribly disappointing and I can only begin to imagine how you must be feeling at this point. Keep your chin up and in a few months you can try another route, maybe check with your insurance to see if they would be willing to consider paying for the sleeve under your circumstances. Best of luck to you and take it easy while you heal. Wishing you a speedy recovery..